Thursday, September 1, 2011

Shut the Front Door

I've always believed that windows are the most beautiful part of a home but lately I've been drawn to front doors. It began this summer when red doors started popping up in neighborhoods and on the blog-o-sphere and now a cheerful yellow can be seen welcoming visitors into many homes.  This summer I began keeping an eye out for beautiful doors and there are plenty to swoon over while driving around town and even more to make you weak in the knees on pinterest.
 
via

Red is a nice change from black or brown yet still feels traditional - perfect for the house that needs a boost of color while maintaining the traditional architecture.

via
 Orange.  So modern, so bright, so unexpected...but surprisingly I'm loving this door!

via
 I really like this light buttery yellow.  It brightens up the porch and creates a very welcoming mood without being too bold.

via

A green door with gray siding? Perfection!


via
 Everyone knows this robins egg blue is my favorite color and I am head over heels in love with this front door.  So in love, in fact, that if it were in my neighborhood, I'd probably sit on the front steps every day.

via
 Dark blue feels the same as a red door to me - pretty, elegant, traditional.

via

I've never seen a purple door in real life, but this plum color is luxurious and beautiful.

via
What a sweet, bold statement - a pink door! Paired with the tree it creates the perfect scene.

So, what color would you choose to paint your front door? Are you bold enough to go with orange? Are you loving the sunshiny yellow? Would your little girl love you forever if you chose pink?  I personally love the green and the pale blue doors.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful doors. I like light yellow homes with red doors. Love that cottage look.

Darby Hawley said...

I've always wanted a brick red front door, but after your pictures, I think I just fell in love with yellow :-)

Brave Brooke said...

I <3 pinterest and those doors are amazing! I love the colors!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

That was a lovely tour of color. We have a black front door {that I painted last year} and it jives with the feng shui of our door location too!

Thanks for linking to Creative Juice! {I love that robin egg color as well}

Doreen Grace said...

I like the lime green door. It's so bright and cheery!

Oak Doors said...

I like your post and red door is always good.

Double Entry Doors said...

beautiful doors. thanks for sharing with us.
Windows And Doors Las Vegas
Modern Entry Doors

yanmaneee said...

kd shoes
yeezys
yeezy boost 350
curry 7 shoes
stone island
supreme
longchamp handbags
supreme shirt
yeezy shoes
jordan 4

Unknown said...

What is the buttery yellow color that you used on the door? Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...